Hello my fine friends. In the spirit of Thanksgiving I am going to share my favorite pumpkin pie recipe. I took it form an old “One Pie” pumpkin pie can from my old days in New England. Right now mine is in the fridge, for the feast tomorrow. It is taking all my will power not to have a slice for lunch time!!
- 1 can of organic pumpkin pie
- 1 can organic evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 range free eggs (room temperature and beaten)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/8 molasses
- 1/2 tsp scant tsp salt (scant means not quite en entire 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg fresh ground
- 1/2 tsp ginger fresh ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (not part of the original recipe so leave it out if you want)
- 1/2 tablespoon organic butter melted
- squeeze of organic lemon
- 1 9 inch crust (I use a premade gluten free crust…shame on me for not doing scratch crust)
1. Preheat oven to 450 F
2.Sift together salt, cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon.
3. Add rest of the ingredients and mix together well.
4. Put empty pie crust on cookie sheet (this makes it easier later)
5. Pour mixture in pie crust and put in oven. Use the cookie sheet to move the pie (it is pretty soupy so the cookie sheet helps when stuff slops over the edge. If that happens try to wipe off the edge of the pie crust that gets covered because it results in ugly edge of pie…or not…I often just leave it…breeds character)
6. Cook at 450 F for 15 minutes then lower to 350 F for 50 minutes.
7. Cool for 10 minutes
Enjoy! let me know how it turns out