Here is a tasty little number you can prepare and snack on all day. Brussel sprouts are great for your digestive track and even have 5 grams of protein in a 3.5 ounce serving (or so Paul Pitchford seems to think so)
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cut the woody end of the brussel sprouts…It is REALLY tempting to skip this step, (I have skipped this step out of laziness before). But DO NOT skip this step. It tastes much better when you cut that hard bit off.
- Then cut the brussel sprout the long way (if you would have left that woody end on…which I know you didn’t…It would be cutting that right down the middle)
- Put a little olive oil on the cookie sheet and rub it around so the sheet has a thin layer of olive oil on it.
- Place the flat side down of the brussel sprouts on the cookie sheet then rub the rest of the olive oil on the tops of the sprouts. Sprinkle salt and cracked black pepper all over the top. Pop in the oven and cook on 375 F for 50 minutes or until the outside leaves get a bit brown to black. If you want to get real fancy you can slice up a couple of garlic cloves (don’t crush the garlic, slice it in moderate size slices) and sprinkle over the top when you do the salt and pepper.